Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bulletin 42

SAINT AGNES CATHEDRAL 533 South Jefferson Springfield, MO 65806 EXTRAORDINARY FORM OF THE MASS: Celebrant Rev. Jeffery A. Fasching

March 20, 2011 Second Sunday of Lent

Epistle: I Thess. 4:1-7
Gospel: Mt. 17: 1-9

Mass schedule March 21 through March 25

Monday-Feria of Lent-NO LATIN MASS
Tuesday-Feria of Lent
Wednesday-Feria of Lent
Thursday-Feria of Lent
Friday-Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

NO LATIN MASS ON SUNDAY, MARCH 20. THE RITE OF ELECTION TAKES PLACE AT 3 AND 7:00pm AT SAINT AGNES CATHEDRAL

On each of the Fridays of Lent, a plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful who, after Communion, recite the “Prayer before a Crucifix” before an image of Christ crucified:

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus while before Thy face I humbly kneel and, with burning soul, pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope, and charity; true contrition for my sins; and a firm purpose of amendment; while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Thy five most precious wounds, pondering over them within me while I call to mind the words which David Thy prophet said of Thee, my Jesus; “They have pierced My hands and My feet, they have numbered all My bones.” Amen.