SAINT AGNES CATHEDRAL 533 South Jefferson Springfield, MO 65806
EXTRAORDINARY FORM OF THE MASS (LATIN)
CELEBRANT Rev. Jeffery A. Fasching
February 10th, 2013 Quinquagesima Sunday
Epistle: I Cor. 13: 1-13; Gospel: Lk. 18: 31-43
Mass schedule February 11th --- February 15th
Monday-Our Lady of Lourdes--NO LATIN MASS
Tuesday-Seven Holy Servite Founders; Confessors—NO LATIN MASS
Wednesday-Ash Wednesday—Mass at 2:00pm
Thursday-Thursday after Ash Wednesday
Friday-Friday after Ash Wednesday
Pot-luck dinner this month will be Sunday, February 24th immediately following the 2:30pm Mass.
There will be no Latin Mass Tuesday, February 12th at 12:15pm.
Mass on Ash Wednesday will be at 2:00pm. Stations of the Cross and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will immediately follow Mass.
Laws of Days of Abstinence: The Discipline of 1962
• Applies on one’s 7th birthday.
• Complete Abstinence: all Fridays of the year, Ash Wednesday, Holy Saturday, and the Vigil of Christmas.
• Partial Abstinence (meat and soup or gravy made from meat permitted once a day at the principle meal): all the days of Lent, the Ember Days of Wednesday and Saturday, and the Vigils of Pentecost and the Assumption.
• Abstinence from meat is dispensed on Holy Days of Obligation
Laws of Fast: The Discipline of 1962
• Applies for those aged 21 to 59, inclusive.
• Days of Lent from Ash Wednesday inclusive, Ember Days, and Vigils of Christmas, Pentecost, and the Assumption.
• One full meal permitted and two other meals may be taken which, when combined, are less than a full meal.
The Law of the Eucharistic Fast: The Discipline of 1962
• The complete fast from all food and drink (except for water or medicine) for three hours before the reception of Holy Communion. In the document reducing the fast to three hours, the Pope still encouraged those who were able to maintain the midnight fast which was the previous discipline.