Friday, June 4, 2010

bulletin


SAINT AGNES CATHEDRAL 533 South Jefferson Springfield, MO 65806
EXTRAORDINARY FORM OF THE MASS: Celebrant Rev. Jeffery A. Fasching

June 6th, 2010 External Solemnity of Corpus Christi

EPISTLE

I Cor. 11, 23-29

GOSPEL

John 6, 56-59

On the feast of Corpus Christi we have an opportunity to reverently expose our Lord not just to the faithful, but to any persons who may witness our procession of the Blessed Sacrament through the streets. We have a chance to demonstrate our love for Christ’s Real Presence by honoring Him in public. Our procession is therefore a great opportunity for charity since we will be bringing our Lord closer to those who may not otherwise have the opportunity.

Mass schedule June 7th through June 11th

Monday: Feria-No Latin Mass
Tuesday: Feria
Wednesday: Feria or SS Primus & Felicianus Martyrs
Thursday: St. Margaret of Scotland Queen and Widow
Friday: Sacred Heart of Jesus

Important:

Visit my new Blog by logging on to MoLatinMass.com and clicking on “Pastor’s Blog.”

From Father Fasching

The feast of Corpus Christi allows us the opportunity to focus solely on the Eucharist. Praying to Christ before the Blessed Sacrament has always drawn me closer to Him. It is why I became a priest and what sustains me in my priestly ministry. When a priest offers the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, he does so as one who is uniquely configured to the person of Christ. The Eucharist calls the priest to holiness. It is the most efficacious grace to that end for all of us. As I strive toward holiness of life, I offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass each day. Therefore, I am transformed into the One whom I love. Each day I ascend the altar I pronounce the words:

“HOC EST ENIM CORPUS MEUM.”

In Christ,

Rev. Jeffery A. Fasching