Thursday, June 3, 2010

Corpus Christi

The Feast of CORPUS CHRISTI


The feast of Corpus Christi allows us the opportunity to focus solely on the Eucharist. Praying to Christ before the Blessed Sacrament has always drawn me closer to Him. It is why I became a priest and what sustains me in my priestly ministry. When a priest offers the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, he does so as one who is uniquely configured to the person of Christ. The Eucharist calls the priest to holiness. It is the most efficacious grace to that end for all of us. As I strive toward holiness of life, I offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass each day. Therefore, I am transformed into the One whom I love. Each day I ascend the altar I pronounce the words:


"HOC EST ENIM CORPUS MEUM"

I invite you to join me and the Latin Mass Community of Springfield, MO this Sunday, June 6th 2010 at 2:30pm at the Cathedral of Saint Agnes as we celebrate the External Solemnity of Corpus Christi with Mass followed by a procession of the Blessed Sacrament.